Social Media Speaker and Facebook LIVE Host
A key part of using social media to get more sales is to get in front of more people, and right now Facebook and Instagram Stories are where people are hanging out and making connections. How do we choose where to post our stories? What kind of content can we create and how do we create engagement? How do we turn the connections we make on Stories into leads?
On this episode, broker, CEO and social media expert, Barbara Betts shares how real estate agents can turn Instagram stories into a powerful relationship-building tool.
Watch the Full Interview:
The real authenticity about documenting your day comes from being relatable. You only become relatable when you’re authentic. Canned messages don’t make you authentic. -Barbara Betts
Takeaways + Tactics
- The easiest content strategy to use with Instagram Stories is to document our day. There are many interesting things we do as Realtors that our clients would love to see.
- The better we feel about ourselves, the more we’re going to post.
- We can start with baby steps if we’re too nervous to post a video of ourselves speaking to the camera. Bring someone else into our Story, or show other industry-related items while talking.
At the start of the show, Barbara shared how she got started with Instagram Stories and why she prefers Instagram Stories over Facebook Stories. We talked about the importance of focusing on the social media channels our clients frequent the most, and how we can connect our Instagram to our CRMs and funnels. We also touched on how to plan our content, the kind of content we can post and how to build up our camera confidence.
We also discussed;
- How to choose the right platforms to invest in
- Personal pages vs. business pages
- How to use VSCO and SwiftKey keyboard to make better content
Instagram has over a billion monthly users, and a huge percentage of those people are viewing Instagram Stories. As Realtors we can take advantage of all the eyeballs on Instagram Stories and use it to not only put out content that makes us relatable; but to create conversations, connections and stay top-of-mind. The people who engage with our content are the ones who are interested in what we’re doing and we can take these relationships offline. Through Stories, we have a great opportunity to put ourselves out there authentically and sell more effectively.
Barbara is the Broker and CEO of The Betts Realty Group, Inc. She specializes in the sale and purchase of real estate within the Long Beach, Orange County and South Bay areas.
VSCO – https://vsco.co/
Connect with Marki & download free tips & tools: https://markilemons.com/
Want more social media and technology tips to grow your real estate business? Click here to join our FREE Facebook Group!