Social Media Speaker and Facebook LIVE Host
There’s been a lot of buzz about LinkedIn recently, and that’s because the platform is going in a new direction, creating a lot of new social selling opportunities. What should our first action be to align ourselves with this new transition? How do we start building relationships and connections? What marketing techniques and tools can we employ?
In this episode, marketing strategist, consultant, and LinkedIn trainer, Deborrah Ashely shares how we can leverage LinkedIn, and why now is the right time to do it.
Watch the Full Interview:
LinkedIn is now trying to position itself as a media company, and a content creation platform. They are doing all they can to get more people on the platform. – Deborrah Ashley
Takeaways + Tactics
- LinkedIn has shifted from a recruiting platform to a content creation platform. There are only 10% of LinkedIn users posting on a regular basis so there’s a lot of opportunity.
- In your “About” section, tell a story in a way that speaks to your ideal client, don’t make it a place to rehash your resume.
- A lot of the relationship building and connecting on LinkedIn happens in the messenger and on the feed in other people’s content.
At the start of the show, Deborrah shared how LinkedIn is transitioning into a content platform. Next, we talked about how to build a more attractive profile, and why we shouldn’t rehash our resumes on LinkedIn, and how to start building relationships. We also discussed the importance of having a call-to-action in our LinkedIn content.
We also discussed;
- How to lend your expertise to our LinkedIn connections
- How to find out what people are searching for on LinkedIn
- The power of having your own customized hashtag
Deborrah Ashley is a Marketing strategist, consultant, and LinkedIn trainer, who works with clients to develop B2B and B2C LinkedIn social selling strategies that grow and develop not only their business…but their personal brand as well.
Deborrah has a background that includes two decades in brand management, marketing communications and business development where she used her unique style of positioning and launch strategies to generate over $300 million for companies and start-ups.
She has been featured in a variety of media including Oprah Magazine, Black Enterprise Magazine, The NY Times, on podcasts and CNBC for her innovative strategies on gaining a competitive edge and building strategic partnerships and has spoken at summits, conferences, and universities.
GET A 15-MINUTE PROFILE ASSESSMENT AND IMPROVEMENT TIPS
Text LINKEDIN AUDIT TO 813.461.4555
Search for #Thelinkedinblackbelt on LinkedIn to find Deborrah’s content.
Connect with Marki & download free tips & tools: https://markilemons.com/
Want more social media and technology tips to grow your real estate business? Click here to join our FREE Facebook Group!