Social Media Speaker and Facebook LIVE Host
Social media is packed with real estate agents and because it’s so saturated, providing a generic message won’t set us apart. We have to be authentic and differentiate ourselves based on the things that make us unique. How do we set ourselves apart and dominate our local markets? What are the opportunities we can create with content that excites our local market and communities?
In this episode, I’m joined by agent and “Digital Mayor of Auburn, Alabama”, Amy. B. Cotney, as she shares how she created a powerful, authentic and community focused brand.
Watch the Full Interview:
You have to create your own noise within all the noise to get seen. – Amy B. Cotney
Takeaways + Tactics
- You never want people to wonder what you do for a living, you want them to be aware that you know about your market.
- If your local business doesn’t have an online presence, people will not organically discover your content about that business, and be drawn into your world.
- If we become experts of our local markets, there’s an opportunity for us to dominate relocation business using social media. Many people from other parts of the country can be introduced to the local area through our content.
At the start of the show Amy, shared what made her fall in love with Auburn, and how being authentic has helped her maintain her top producer status. She talked about how her unique car works as a marketing tool. Next, we talked about how to stand out above the noise on social media, and the importance of coming from a place of value.
We also discussed;
- Why we shouldn’t talk negatively about our community
- The power of volunteering
- How to dominate your market
Amy is a real estate agent, who is also known as ‘The Digital Mayor’ of Auburn, Alabama. She is also a podcast co-host.
For more information, visit http://www.sweethomeauburnal.com/meet-amy/, and follow @sweethomeauburnal on social media.
Look for her podcast Between Two Amys on your favorite podcast platform.
Connect with Marki & download free tips & tools: https://markilemons.com/
Want more social media and technology tips to grow your real estate business? Click here to join our FREE Facebook Group!